CARE International is an international NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering caused by drought, conflict and displacement. We invite applications from experienced and talented individuals to fill the TVET Manager position. This position will be based in Garowe/Hargeisa with substantive travel to project sites covering all the regions of Somalia/Somaliland
Under the guidance and leadership of the Programme Coordinator, Urban Youth Programme (UYP), the TVET Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, supervising/monitoring and reporting of the Boosting Roads Infrastructure Development and Growth of Energy Services (BRIDGES) project in Hargeisa, Galkacyo and Kismayu in Somalia/Somaliland. In addition, the TVET Manager ensures that efficient and effective systems and processes are in place to enable CARE to implement TVET program activities in line with donor requirements. He/she will have frequent interaction with program technical teams, implementing partners and government. TVET Manager will play a leading role in capacity building of project teams, partners, consortium members and other local actors in Somalia/Somaliland in the areas of skills training and employment. Lastly, the TVET Manager will play a pivotal role in providing adequate technical support to the teams to ensure technical quality throughout the project implementation cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively manage and develop TVET programme through planning, regular monitoring, review, research and evaluation, within the framework of the CARE Somalia Strategy.
- Ensure that project/program monitoring and evaluation system/tools are applied and project progress (activities and outputs), results and immediate objectives (outcomes) and impacts are systematically tracked, documented and shared as appropriate on the basis of CARE and donors’ requirements.
- Ensure that project is implemented in accordance with the work plans and the involvement of partners and concerned stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensure that periodic, adequate and accurate project monitoring reports are produced on time as required.
- Analyze, compile and produce high quality field reports and support the development and direction of the skills training and employment promotion programme accordingly.
- Ensure that effective cost-recovery and quality assurance systems are applied by TVET Centres.
- Manage the grant in line with CARE & donor regulations, formats and requirements.
- Contributing to and ensuring compliance to CARE and donor policies.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of reports in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure adequate financial management in liaison with the CARE Somalia finance department.
- In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator, Risks and Grants unit facilitate timely audits and evaluations as required.
- Coordinate grant management in collaboration with other Area Managers whose grants cut across multiple Areas.
- Establish strong collaborative relationship with respective Ministries of Education (MoE) in Puntland, Somaliland, Kismayu and the Federal Government, Universities, TVET institutes, Road Authorities, Energy Companies and private road companies.
- Ensure strong collaborative relationships are developed between the intended impact group, CARE and partner staff.
- Ensure strong input by the intended impact group in program strategy, design and monitoring
- Identify partner capacity needs and provide input to PQU or PS departments where the partners are in need of specific capacity building support that can be provided by CARE.
- Ensure strong collaborative relationships with key government departments and relevant private sector organizations involved in the project.
- Ensure the program is implemented in line with partnership principles as outlined in CI policies.
- Supervise field staff as appropriate
- Identify capacity gaps and recommend opportunities to build the capacity of direct reports and other program staff to ensure implementation in line with CI principles and CARE policies
- Collaborate with PQU for staff training/capacity building on areas of key focus (gender, governance, civil society, M&E, advocacy, conflict)
- Initiate, organize and undertake (as appropriate) assessments, surveys and studies that form the basis for initiating or developing new projects related to expanding TVET Projects.
- Support the Urban Program Coordinator in the preparation of concept notes for new initiatives.
- Play an active role in developing project proposals on the basis of approved project ideas/concept notes with the support of UYP Programme Coordinator.
- Work to ensure that security management protocols and procedures are updated, made locally relevant and applied consistently,
- Work with the security advisor to ensure that risks to staff, beneficiaries and assets are mitigated through a deterrence, acceptance, protection and program-enabling lens.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science or economics from a recognized University.
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experiences including two (2) years at field-based level.
- Sound knowledge on livelihood, comparative approach to economic development, Research and Evaluation, Economic Development, Labour markets and employment opportunities.
- Hands-on experience in micro-enterprise and income generation, local economic development, Rural Economic Development; policies and best practices in the fields of poverty reduction among youth in a post-conflict environment and/or local economic development.
- Excellent networking & coordination skills.
- Ability to work in adverse situations and readiness to travel to field areas is essential.
- Knowledge and Experience of Somalia/Somaliland National Youth Policies.
- Ability to analyses the different approaches to the delivery of economic development in a post-conflict economies, in terms of overall strategy, organizational arrangement, business starts, business development, inward investment, education and training, flexible labour markets, unemployment and regeneration of ex-combatants.
- Exceptional skill to undertake, commission, and interpret research and evaluation evidence in economic development, market surveys, tracer studies; ability to explore the appropriateness of quantitative and qualitative research methods; skill to capture soft outcomes, and how to report and use research effectively in the workplace.
- Exceptional ability to work within the context of a challenging/fragile context such as Somalia/Somaliland.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report writing
- Proficiency with MS office.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to SOMRecruitment@care.org by December 29, 2016. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse h
- Posted by: admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
272 total views, 1 today