United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Vacancy Notice No.: SOM/MOG/16/07
Title of Post: Registration Assistant
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Date of Issue: 30 September 2016
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing Date: 13 October 2016
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT. Define the role of the position within the team, describing its leadership role, if any, it’s external/internal work relationships or contacts, the contextual environment in which it operates and the scope of supervision received, and where applicable, exercised by the incumbent.
The Registration Assistant is a member of the Registration team and is supervised by a more senior member of the team who normally reports directly to the Registration Officer. The Registration Assistant is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. The Registration Assistant responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up. The Registration Assistant may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR’s Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Define the educational background, the relevant job experience and the language(s) that are essential to perform the work of the position.
- Completion of secondary education preferably with post-secondary training or certificate in social science, statistics, mathematics, information technology or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience (3 years with post-secondary certificate/training).
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES. Describe any experience or knowledge that would be an asset, such as: UNHCR Learning Programmes, other training, additional languages, Field/HQs experience, etc.
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
How to ApplySubmission of Applications Candidates should complete and attach a UN Personal History Form (P11) (available via the following link www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc) to their written application (including contact details) and send it via email ONLY to email@example.com quoting in the subject line the vacancy number SOM/MOG/16/07. THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND ANY OTHER DOCUMENTATION ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION AND P.11. A written test may be conducted for this position. Equally qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test and/or oral interview. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Date Issued: 30 September 2016 NB: UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Refugees – who cares? We Do.
- Posted by: admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
377 total views, 1 today