Project Officers (Two Positions)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: PROJECT OFFICERS (TWO POSITIONS)
Organization: Adeso – African Development Solutions
Position Title: Project Officers (Two Positions)
Reporting To: Consortium Program Manager
Working With: Programs team
Programme / Duty Station: Burhakaba and Bardheera
Duration: Eight (8) Months
Starting Date: Immediately
Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Adeso is seeking two (2) qualified and committed individuals to join the Adeso team as project Officers for the emergency and recovery project in Bay, Bakool and Gedo regions, Somalia. The officers will be based in Burhakaba and Bardheera respectively and will be full-time members of the Adeso team and will play a crucial role in the direct implementation of the project.
- implementation Project activities at the assigned locations
- Community and other stakeholder management at the project areas
- Project reporting
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The incumbent will be the project lead at the respective locations and in liaison with the consortium program, ensure the project activities are implemented as per the project work plan.
· Responsible for managing the project activities at the community levels, and through a consultative ensure respective community involvement in the implementation process.
· Lead the planning and implementation of community sensitization and the selection of beneficiaries under the supervision of the Project Manager
· In liaison with the consortium, project manager, MEAL officer and WASH engineer, ensure the project suppliers-and contractors are managed according to the work plan
· Ensure the project is represented well at the district level and attend all the relevant forums-clusters, local authorities etc.
· In liaison with the MEAL officer, ensure the project reporting tools, database and other documents are provided to the project team.
· In liaison with the Project Manager and MEAL officer, monitor project activities and ensuring contract deliverables are met and donor and management reports are completed accurately and on time.
· Directly manage project staff- community mobilizers etc., and ensure they have project work plan, performance objective and that is reviewed on regular basis.
· Participate in surveys and rapid assessments, including training, planning, analysis and report writing in liaison with the program manager and MEAL officer.
· Assist in the drafting of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual project progress reports on the progress of activities and difficulties encountered.
· Participate in the planning and implementation of the weekly, monthly and quarterly monitoring activities of the project in all locations, and ensure proper monitoring for informed reports and improved quality of programming.
· Provide weekly and monthly report to the project manager.
· Ensure that all records pertaining to this project are properly completed and stored in a secure place.
· Any other duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Diploma in community development, water sanitation or related field.
· Experience in food security and water sanitation
· Minimum of two (2) years of relevant NGO or UN experience at the national level is required.
· Ability to multi-task effectively and handle stressful situations.
· Dynamic and flexible and able to travel in short notice
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with the project team and other field staff.
· Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, power point, etc.
· Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.