The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Somalia is an International Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya and operating in Somalia. ADRA’s mission is to change one life at a time through enhancing development in individuals and communities. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Project Officer to be based in Mogadishu.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback from beneficiaries and submit detailed report about the activities and findings
- Assist to develop and strengthen local projects networks.
- Assist to identify needs and opportunities by conducting training needs assessments.
- Collect data on project indicators and maintain an updated database on project progress
- Assist in tracking project performance at community level and report, monitor and follow up on project activities.
- Support the program team to record and analyze monitoring data for reporting and timely communicate the results of analysis to inform programme decision making
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to improve the project based on the findings
- Support the Project Manager to prepare periodic project reports based on accurate and evidence-based data/information
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team in the tracking of outcome of activities evidenced by accurate data to enhance quality of reporting
- Identify and document human interest stories and case studies based on the successes of implemented projects
- Assist program team in reviewing log frames, M&E work plans and targets at proposal development stage through to project implementation
- A degree in Education, Community Development or Project Management.
- Knowledge and usage of SPSS.
- Over 3 years of experience in the INGO dealing with project management, community development.
- Diploma holders with over 5 years experience will also be considered.
- Strong data collection and collation skills, processing, analysis and report writing.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Experience working with civil society groups and government authorities.
- Good negotiating skills.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com not later than 4th January 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Posted by: admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
378 total views, 1 today