Program Manager – Repatriation and Reintegration
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager – Repatriation and Reintegration
COUNTRY PROGRAM: Somalia
RESPONSIBLE TO: Country Director
LOCATION: 20% Nairobi and 80% Somalia, based in Kismayo
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Program/operations staff
DATE: August 2016
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION
ARC International is an entrepreneurial humanitarian and development organization that assists displaced people to move from vulnerability to resilience, from impoverishment to a basic level of well-being, and from exclusion to inclusion.
The overall objective of ARC International’s Somalia/Somaliland program is to broaden opportunities for disadvantaged communities in (particularly women and youth) to pursue a secure and sustainable livelihoods; create an environment that enables social and economic re-integration of Somali youth into the society through technical, vocational and leadership skills development that enables young people to secure gainful employment opportunities; sustainably rehabilitate through social transformation and economic empowerment; respond to the recurring emergencies and help build resiliency of communities through strengthening of existing social services such as health and water facilities/structures and support creation of durable solutions for returnees to Somalia through a set of integrated activities aimed at socio-economic reintegration into their country and communities of origin.
The Somalia country program of the ARC has full-fledged offices in Mogadishu, Kismayo, Hargeisa, Las Anod and Dhobley, and a liaison office in Nairobi, Kenya. ARC is working closely with national and local authorities and with a number of Somalia/Somaliland-based international and national organizations to galvanize coordinated humanitarian and recovery assistance to the people in need.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Program Manager for Repatriation and Reintegration is responsible for leading, coordinating, and implementing ARC’s efforts and programs aimed at facilitating voluntary repatriation and reintegration of Somali refugees.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Coordination of Program Activities
- Develop program strategy, operational plans and budgets and implement effective response programs for the needs of returning refugees.
- Provide leadership and lead the implementation and coordination of socioeconomic and livelihoods development programs designed to facilitate the return and reintegration of refugees.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with UNHCR, National Commission for Refugees and IDPs, regional government authorities, key humanitarian and development donors, partner agencies and local and international NGOs and the refugee and returnee communities.
- Review budget versus actual spending figures monthly and adjust activity plans accordingly.
- Ensure maintenance of all program records.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to keep staff up to date on key matter and support their open communication.
- In consultation with the Country Director, participate in the initiation and development of new projects and concept papers for potential donors and partners as required.
- Ensure the effective management of ARC and donor property/assets and the full compliance of donor financial regulations as per established policies and procedures.
- Develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure the effective implementation of operational plans programs.
- Assist in recruitment of national program staff.
- Engage in training and capacity-building to build critical skills within ARC’s program team
- Manage and provide overall leadership and technical guidance to program staff, other partners, and sectors to ensure quality programming.
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor and review the performance of ongoing programs.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of project reports in accordance with ARC and donor requirements.
- As directed by the Country Director and on his behalf, participate international and national for forums regarding the Repatriation and reintegration.
- Travel as required to ARC field sites for supervisory visits.
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Advanced university degree, preferably, in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Development Studies and/or Law, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in the field of migration, repatriation and reintegration of refugees.
- Preferred technical experience livelihoods.
- Experience with project design, development and implementation in the areas of livelihoods development and community based programming.
- Experience in working with UNHCR preferred.
- Experience in representation and interaction with donors, government officials, international organizations and NGO representatives concerning repatriation issues and initiatives in complex humanitarian contexts.
- Strong monitoring and reporting capacity.
- Excellent understanding of protection and gender related issues in the field of return, reintegration, durable solutions and recovery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Somali.
- Good knowledge of computer skills; MS Office (Outlook, Access and Excel).
- Languages Fluency in English and Somali required.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to ARC’s mandate and objectives.
- Ability to work well under unstable security environments and programmatic pressures.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Proven ability to coordinate, manage and delegate work appropriately.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Highly developed organizational, liaison and communication skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, work long hours to meet deadlines, and be administratively self-sufficient.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Posted by: admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
241 total views, 2 today