Prevention Technical Advisor, Pact Swaziland
Title Prevention Technical Advisor, Pact Swaziland
Department Name Program Delivery
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact seeks a Prevention Technical Advisor to support the Pact Swaziland’s effectiveness at reducing new HIV infections through increased adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions and in close partnership with a range of local Swazi organizations and institutions.
The HIV Prevention Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership to ensure high-quality, evidence-based HIV prevention programming and service delivery. The HIV Prevention Technical Advisor will inform Pact Swaziland on social and structural change approaches to HIV prevention in high-prevalence settings, as well as appropriate combination prevention strategies and interventions. To this end, the HIV Prevention Technical Advisor will have expertise in prevention activities for adolescents and youth, new prevention technologies, evidence-based implementation theory and methodologies, and effective social and behavioral change communication (SBCC) and biomedical approaches to HIV prevention in Swaziland. The HIV Prevention Technical Advisor will coordinate closely with the Capacity Development Manager to ensure that Pact Swaziland’s CSO partners have the capacity to deliver evidence-based, high quality interventions.
• Provide technical leadership in developing strategies and interventions to improve the quality and responsiveness of HIV prevention programming (with a focus on vulnerable adolescents and youth), including SBCC and bio-medical approaches to HIV prevention in Swaziland (addressing gender roles and cultural norms, behavior change with multiple concurrent partners, intergenerational relationships, early sexual debut and rights-based programming).
• Provide technical assistance and mentorship to CSOs and facilitate technical capacity assessments in efficacious, evidence-based HIV prevention among CSO partners in order to identify gaps, technical capacity limitations, and priority technical assistance needs.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of HIV prevention quality improvement activities.
• Monitor and report on HIV prevention quality assessment, improvement, and assurance activities and monitor the latest advancements in HIV and STI prevention efforts in Swaziland.
• Facilitate problem solving and action planning among CSO and GOKS stakeholders to address critical challenges and barriers to improving HIV prevention programming and service delivery.
• Contribute to program research and learning agendas related to HIV prevention and support the analysis, interpretation, and use of HIV prevention data to inform decision-making and programmatic adjustments.
• Oversee communications/program material development for SBCC, IEC, VMMC for adolescent and youth audiences.
• Perform any other prevention duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Master’s degree in Public Health (with a focus on HIV/AIDS), Social Sciences, or related field.
At least 5 years’ experience managing and providing technical leadership on HIV prevention and service delivery programming in the Southern Africa region, including SBCC as well as combination prevention and bio-medical approaches.
Experience working with adolescent and youth populations preferred.
Comprehensive knowledge of the health context and structural issues in Southern Africa including socioeconomic, institutional and policy issues that are related to essential services in HIV prevention, and adolescent health.
Demonstrated leadership and technical skills in HIV prevention, applying new prevention technologies, and utilizing effective health promotion approaches.
Demonstrated experience facilitating HIV prevention quality improvement with CSOs and Government entities at all levels.
Demonstrated experience in the design and use of training curricula.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in SBCC activity design and implementation.
Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Fluency in written/spoken English required.
Familiarity with Swazi public health sector system, NGOs, and CBOs is highly desirable.
Local candidates highly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please click link: http://pactworld.force.com/careers/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=a33f1000000fZ3Q Closing date: 03 Jul 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
265 total views, 1 today