About Action Africa Help International
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia. It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people, host communities and communities in urban slums. AAH-I Somalia is implementing a UNHCR logistics
Reporting to the Project Manager the Logistics Officer will lead in operational matters relating to fleet management; warehouse management and general office administration while maintaining AAH-I stipulated standards. The role will work in close collaboration with the Yemeni Community School head in operational matters relating to management of the school. S/he will enforce the adherence of safety regulations and follow up on security occurrences with the Regional Security Manager. The role will also act as the security focal person for Mogadishu and will manage Warehouse staff; Drivers and Guards
The full Job Description is available on the AAH-I website. (www.actionafricahelp.org)
· Degree in Business Administration/Logistics Management or comparable training.
· Minimum 5 years professional experience in logistics preferably with an INGO.
Skills and Competencies
· Experience in Logistics management.
· Ability to take initiative and work independently.
· Good organisational and team skills.
· Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, email, internet and computer applications).
· INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector- an added advantage.
· Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission and values.
· This is a national position open to local candidates so ability to communicate fluently in English and Somali is a must.