HR Administrator (Somaliland)
from Al-Khair Foundation
Al-Khair FoundationAl-Khair Foundation is a UK-based international NGO providing humanitarian support, international development, emergency aid and disaster relief in some of the world’s most deprived areas. Established in 2003 and rapidly growing into one of the leading Muslim charities in the UK, Al-Khair Foundation works in different countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The Foundation also looks to tackle issues prevalent in the UK, such as unemployment, education, women’s empowerment and domestic violence.
To act as the first point of contact for our Field Office in Somaliland: receiving all calls, liasing with other Country Heads and Programme Managers, Programme Officers, Monitoring and Evaluations Officers, other key players in our business and external visitors.
To ensure the efficient, effective and professional management of programmes related paperwork, utilising all aspects of Microsoft Office software, Skype and other communication tools.
To assist with the collating of reports, setting of relevant database, systems and processes required to assist with the smooth running of operations in Somaliland.
Preparing reports and spreadsheets as per the instructions of the Country Director for Somaliland and the Senior Programme Officer based at Head Office for matters relating to the jurisdiction of Somaliland.
To co-ordinate, prepare and process all correspondence and communications including drafting letters, taken meeting minutes, responding to emails, preparing and assisting with the delivery of Powerpoint presentations particularly for speaking engagement and high level meeting requiring a presentation to the Chairman, CEO, Board of Trustees and the Senior Leaders Meeting (SLT) of Al-Khair Foundation.
To attend speaking engagements with the Country Head or Programme Officers and to assist with the preparation of information relevant to these engagements
To assist with the drafting of progress report for presentation to the monthly Senior Leaders Team Meeting for the Country Manager of Somaliland and the assigned Senior Programmes Officer.
To assist with the drafting of reports and progress reports for presentation to the Chairman, CEO and Board of Trustee on matters concerning our field office in Somaliland.
To manage the itinerary and international logistics including flight and hotel reservations for matters relating to our office in Somaliland.
To review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary for the administrative function of your role.
To organise the office filing system to ensure ease of retrieval.
To ensure the security and confidentiality of data accessed and obtained whilst carrying out your role.
To manage expenses preparation on a monthly basis for the field office in Somaliland.
To undertake other tasks as reasonably requested by your Line Manager for the administrative remit of your role.
To provide human resources administrative support to our Somaliland field office on all matters relating to the Human Resources life cycle.
To assist with the generation and issuing of contractual related paperwork flowing from the recruitment stage of the Human Resources life cycle.
To provide basic advise on rewards and benefits and policies and procedures of Al-Khair Foundation.
To assist with the collating of information required for payroll at the end of each month which include but is not limited to the on boarding of new starters, processing of overtime, contractual changes, salary increases, absence related information and any other matters that impacts on the monthly payroll in Somaliland.
To manage the holiday planner for colleagues working in the Somaliland field office.
To assist with training and development using the guidance obtained from Head Office.
To assist with note-taking and minute taking during disciplinary meeting, grievance hearing and management meeting.
To assist with the drafting of reports as per the instructions of the Country Head of Somaliland that is required for presentation to the Senior Management Team or Human Resources in Head Office.
To draft a quarterly report on Human Resources matters for submission to the Human Resources Department at Head Office.
To set-up and organise a Human Resources database that allows ease of reference for all employees from the offer stage to the leaver stage of the employment life cycle.
To undertake other tasks as reasonably requested by your Line Manager for the Human Resources administrative remit of your role.
To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
To hold a valid passport and be willing and able to travel extensively and at short notice.
To have the flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the business needs.
To be responsible for health and safety in the area of his/her control and ensure that he/she is familiar with AKF’s health and safety at work policy.
To respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment.
The post holder may be required to apply for a Disclosure check.
Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Advanced MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Excellent calendar management skills
- Basic project management skills
- Experience of working in a HR environment
- Prior experience of providing excellent customer service
- Experience in administration support
- Good knowledge of Human Resources matters and basic understanding of the substantive labour laws of Somaliland
- An understanding and commitment to Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety
- Good knowledge of IT systems Skills (Essential)
- Good IT skills with the ability to understand the intelligent use of IT within the office environment.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Somali.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence in drafting reports and preparing spreadsheets with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to problem solve using own initiative
- Excellent time management skills and experience of successfully achieving deadlines, and working without close supervision
- Good literacy and Numeracy skills
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all tiers of the business
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change.
- Ability to work well on own initiative.
- The flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the business needs.
- Commit to withhold the integrity and standards of AKF and its values.