HEALTH PROGRAM MANAGER – PUNTLAND
HEALTH PROGRAM MANAGER – PUNTLAND
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Health Program manager will provide overall technical management and coordination support to all health projects in Puntland. This includes support to all health projects (including emergency response) in Karkaar, Bari, Nugal and Mudug regions of Puntland though promoting and disseminating the best practice, documenting achievements and lessons learned of these projects amongst partners and other key players in Puntland S/he will coordinate with Nutrition and WASH sectors for integrated delivery of health, nutrition and WASH interventions. S/he will also be responsible for external representation in Puntland and maintaining regular contact with relevant stakeholders as appropriate. Responsible to organise Health Cluster meetings and to chair the HC meeting in the absence of the Head of Health and Nutrition.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Qualifications and Experience
- Health professional with relevant qualification in medicine and Public health. At least 5 years’ experience in similar role with substantial relevant experience in Health program management
- Previous experience in coordinating, implementing and managing complex health programs with INGO’s in developing countries and/or IDPs settings.
- International experience is highly desirable
- Experience in situation analysis, health assessments and program implementation.
- Ability to support and build capacity of staff through performance management.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of Health program activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, Epi-Info/SPSS, Outlook and the internet.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, exercise flexibility and adaptability to transition.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy
- The post holder will be sensitive to the cultural and political environment of Somalia and will have the ability to plan and ensure the implementation of the project, and to manage resources effectively.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: ‘MKogi.firstname.lastname@example.org‘
- Posted by: admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
258 total views, 1 today