Appraisal Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer
Department: Appraisal Monitoring & Evaluation Unit (AMEU)
Position: Appraisal Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer
Direct Hierarchy: Head of Office
Functional Hierarchy: AME Manager
Contract duration: 6 Months
Location: Kismayo, Somalia
Starting Date: September 2016
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, the AME Officer will be responsible for the management and implementation of AME Activities in Kismayo, Somalia.
The AME Officer shall be responsible for:
Objective 1: Development of AME project monitoring and evaluation plans, data collection tools and methodologies
· Together with the AME Team, be involved actively in the design of AME methodologies, terms of reference (TORs) and data collection tools to monitoring progress and outcomes of ACTEDs projects in Kismayo, Somalia (including for baseline surveys, needs assessments, monitoring and project evaluations);
· Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are in-line with expected project goals, objectives and measure the defined indicators;
· Collaborate with Field Coordination and Program Development Department to design logical frameworks and indicator collection plans;
· Work closely with the Program Development Department in order to provide useful information for mapping and project reporting, as necessary;
· Liaise with partner/collaborating organizations for AME activities, as required.
Objective 2: Facilitate the collection of accurate, reliable and useful data for project implementation and development**
· Plan and conduct field-level data collection, at different stages of the project to support project cycle management;
· Provide field supervision and plan logistical arrangements for conducting AME activities;
· Communicate regularly to the AME Manager and Capital AME Officer on the implementation progress of field missions;
· Conduct data collection using qualitative and quantitative methods and secondary data (reports, government statistics etc);
· Supervision of data entry and conduct data checking/cleaning for quantitative and qualitative data when necessary;
· Support the Capital AME Officer to ensure that AME information is stored and managed effectively and confidentiality is maintained in accordance with ACTED procedures.
Objective 3: Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis and write timely and useful reports for programme development, management and implementation
· Conduct analysis of quantitative data, including preparing cross-tabulations, graphs and statistical analysis when required;
· Conduct qualitative analysis including writing up field-notes and use different methods to improve programme implementation, such as SWOT analysis, Problem-Solution tree, etc.
· Facilitate field team debriefing sessions;
· Facilitate quick and accurate reporting of monitoring result to ensure that ACTED, donors and other organizations can build upon successes and lessons learnt during the programme when requested by the AME Manager.
Objective 4: Management of AME team in Kismayo and external relationships under his/her responsibility
· Frequently communicate with Capital AME Officer on most matters, keeping the AME Manager informed;
· Daily supervision of AME Assistant in Kismayo, including development of work plans;
· Capacity building the AME Assistant and evaluating his/her performance.
· Manage the AME activities for the Kismayo Area;
· Communicate weekly with AME team to coordinate monitoring schedules – requiring approval for all technical matters;
· Work with management and support staff to comply with ACTED rules and procedures;
· Completing all other duties and tasks, in accordance with the functions and duties of the AMEU as requested by the AME Manager or by ACTED Coordination; and
· Other tasks as required to complete necessary tasks.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Community Development, WASH, Rural Livelihoods or related field.
· Extensive experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions. Knowledge and experience of participatory rural appraisal methods an asset.
· Excellent analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
· Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis;
· At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
· Somali National with good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills.
· Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
· Excellent team management skills
· Strong people management and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently. gal
How to Apply
Application ProcedureQualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 22nd September 2016 Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. If you receive any email/calls in relation to ACTED’s recruitment and you are unsure about its validity or origin, please contact us on email@example.com ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Posted by: admin
- Location: Anywhere
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: Endless
285 total views, 1 today